CVMR® is a privately held, metal refining technology provider that is also engaged in mining and refining of its own mineral resources in 18 different countries. The company was established in 1986, with its head office and R & D Centre in Toronto, Canada.
President & CEO, Ore2Metal Inc.
Barun Gorain, (Ph.D, P.Eng.)
President & CEO – Ore2Metal
A Leader in eco-efficient technologies for production of strategic and precious metals.
- More than 25 years of experience in the mining industry with a focus on operational excellence, growth projects, innovative mining & processing technologies along with digital transformation & automation.
- Extensive experience in precious metals (gold, silver, PGM’s) & base metals (copper, lead, zinc, nickel). Presently working on various strategic and energy metals (cobalt, lithium & germanium).
- Industry experience includes working as Chief Technology & Innovation Officer for Hindustan Zinc, Vedanta Resources in India, focusing on underground mine digital transformation, milling & smelting excellence, building a data-driven collaboration centre and revamping their Zinc Technology Centre to drive breakthroughs in process innovations.
- Previously with Barrick Gold in Toronto as a Director of Strategic Technology Solutions focusing on operations optimization, project development and implementation of breakthrough technologies in various copper and gold operations.
- Also worked with Teck as their Group Leader based in Trail, British Columbia, to drive plant optimization across their zinc, copper and coal operations along with designing the Red Dog zinc process plant as part of Value Improvement Project.
- PhD from JKMRC, University of Queensland & B.Tech in Mineral Engineering from Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad. A key player of AMIRA P9 (world’s largest mineral processing project) leading flotation initiatives across Australia & South Africa.
- Patented technology “AMBS” now commercially used at Barrick’s Jabal Sayid (using municipal wastewater) in Saudi Arabia and Antofagasta’s Esperanza (using raw sea water) in Chile for copper and copper-gold processing.