CVMR® is a privately held, metal refining technology provider that is also engaged in mining and refining of its own mineral resources in 18 different countries. The company was established in 1986, with its head office and R & D Centre in Toronto, Canada.
• A key discovery
Discovery of the concept of Bubble Surface Area Flux (Sb) as part of Barun Gorain’s Ph.D. thesis. Sb is a key driver to mineral recovery in the flotation process. This has allowed a scientific way to flotation plant design and optimization.
• Strong associations
Board member of Sustainability Minerals Institute, Production Centres (JKMRC)
• Group leader for a world-class mineral treatment group, based in Trail, British Columbia
• Designed the Red Dog plant expansion in 2000 as part of Cominco’s Value Improvement Drive. A major success allowing Red Dog to increase Zn concentrate production to 1 Mt.
• Lead a major team for commissioning and optimization of the Antamina Operations in Peru during 2002 to 2004. Resulting in significant Cu and Mo recovery improvements. Estimated NPV addition +US$ 750M
Lead the Technology transfer of world’s largest AMIRA P9 project at the world’s largest zinc operation in Alaska
• Director of Strategic Technology Solutions, Toronto, Canada
• Leading role in undertaking major breakthroughs to enhance metal recoveries across operations and new projects
• Inventor of AMBS technology now commercially operational at Jabal Sayid Mines in Saudi Arabia and Antofagasta Mineral’s Esperanza Operations in Chile. NPV addition +US$1 Billion
• Build a strategy for digital & automation in processing for Nevada gold operations.
• CIM article:
• Advanced Mine to Mill at Cortez: corporate lead by Barun Gorain
High Commendations – Operations
Advanced mine to mill application at the Barrick Cortez Mine, by Malcolm Powell, SarmaKanchibotla, Vladimir Jokovic, Marko Hilden, Benjamin Bonfils, Anand Musunuri, Pamela Moyo, Sam Yu, Jace Young, Paul Yaroshak, EmrahYalcin, and Barun Gorain. This paper was presented at the 14th AusIMM Mill Operators’ Conference 2018 in Brisbane, Australia.
The CEEC Medal Evaluation judges commented that this was an outstanding paper building on the commonly applied mine-to-mill optimization where grade deportment and dilution, as well as blast movement during high-intensity blasting, are considered and evaluated.
• Patented AMBS process in operation
• $10M silver recovery challenge at Barrick’s Veladero Mines in Argentina
• Chief Technology & Innovation Officer to drive technology & innovation across HZL. Built and mentored a world-class team to implement solutions across the company.
• Leadership for underground mine digitization across HZLin partnership with Sandvik, Cisco, Mobilaris, and Eurotech
• Successfully commissioned the HZL Collaboration Centre in Udaipur: one of its kind in the world integrating mines, mills, smelters and power plants for a data-driven business. Partnership with OSI-Soft and ABB.
• Conceptualized Zinc Technology Centre (ZnTec), a world-class facility in mineralogy, geometallurgy, mineral processing, and metallurgy.
• Developed a Milling excellence team to maximize recoveries across 10 mills at HZL
• Digitization drive
• HZL on mine digitization
The aim of Ore2Metal Inc. is to assist mining companies in their recovery drive to enhance their profitability and sustainability.
Recovery is one of the key economic drivers for any metal mining company. Recovery is the only means for revenue in any company, whether it’s for major metals or for by-products including minor metals.
- Recovery Mapping
- Mill recovery
- Education & Training
- Smelters Recovery
- Mine Ore Recovery
- Collaboration Centre
- Tailings Recovery
1109-39 Parliament St,
Toronto, Ontario M5A4R2, Canada